With many society membership meetings and board meeting canceled for COVID-19, FSGS is here to help every step of the way. In this time of social distancing, you can hold your monthly meeting with the program speaker and your members participating from their homes over the internet. Also, no need to cancel that upcoming board meeting, use the FSGS service to conduct an internet based meeting.
Here are the steps:
Please fill out this form to schedule your next meeting using the FSGS online service, and a member of the FSGS Webinar group will contact you. (This is a fillable PDF form. Save, fill and email!)
Hold a practice session! Hosting your online meeting will be a breeze once you’ve completed the practice session. The practice session involves working with the the FSGS Webinar group to start, host, and end the meeting.
Decide if you’ll use the recoding feature for your meeting. If so, test using it during your practice section. Check with your speaker(s) for permission to record, first. Some program speakers allow societies to host recorded sessions on their private, members only page.
Let your society know their next meeting will be hosted online. FSGS will give you a link to share with your society members.
Connect with your FSGS Webinar host 20 minutes before your online meeting time to ensure there are no connectivity issues.
HAVE FUN! An online meeting should not be stressful. Below are a few tips and tricks to help your session run smoothly:
Webinar tips and tricks
- Do a practice session.
- Speakers should use a headset or earbuds that include a microphone.
- Eliminate any potential sources of noise.
- Close all unnecessary applications on your computer, including email and messenger programs.
- Start the meeting early so attendees know they are in the right place.
- Create a simple PowerPoint to introduce each topic you are discussing.
- FSGS has a template.
- Introduce your attendees to the tools available.
- Show attendees where to ask questions.
- Show attendees how to download handouts.
FSGS uses GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting for their online services.