2023 "Poolside Chats: A Genealogy Webinar Series": The webinars are presented free to the FSGS membership and the public on the third (3rd) Thursday of the month at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Go-to-Webinar service is utilized. Compensation will be limited to an honorarium of $150.00 for selected presentations. Each presentation will be limited to a total of one hour (50-minute presentation and a brief five-minute question-and-answer period). Handout material is required for the presentation and will be hosted on the FSGS website on the "Members [Only]" page.
Proposal Information: Among the topics being considered for both events are presentations on Computers/Technology, Beginning Genealogy, Research Sources, Immigration/migration, Florida Research (i.e., history, available records, repositories, ethnic and religious groups, etc.), Society Management and broader genealogical topics including methodology, problem-solving, publishing, military records, land records, etc. Online workshop proposals will be considered.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Speaker's Name, address, and telephone number
- Speaker's Email address and website URL
- Biography for publicity (not to exceed 150 words)
- Resume of previous (within the last 18 months) experience, including webinar experience
- Title of the Presentation (not to exceed 14 words)
- Summary of the presentation (not to exceed 50 words)
- Detailed description of the presentation (not to exceed 300 words)
- Audience skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, etc.)
Up to six proposals can be submitted to FSGS using the Google form at https://goo.gl/forms/PtzvrIzSxm0r2rUr2 Submissions are due on or before 1 May 2022, 11:59 p.m. (ET).
The Florida State Genealogical Society was incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization on 16 May 1977. The society was founded to promote the study and research of genealogy and local history. The society publishes source materials and family history while encouraging seminars, workshops, and similar educational meetings in the State of Florida. The Society mission is to inspire and promote awareness and appreciation of genealogy, family history and Florida heritage.